Compassionate Communications is dedicated to teaching a language of peace.
Our work is based on Nonviolent CommunicationSM as presented by Marshall Rosenberg in his book "Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life". You can learn more about NVC at the CNVC web site.
We provide workshops, conflict resolution and individual and couple training using Nonviolent CommunicationSM (NVC)
Compassionate Communications in White River Junction, Vermont, is dedicated to training the world to speak and hear Nonviolent CommunicationSM (NVC) and helping individuals, couples, and families create new and more loving communication patterns by focusing on observations, feelings, needs, and requests
Our work examines two questions.
- What happens to disconnect us from our compassionate nature, leading us to behave violently and explicatively?
- And what allows some people to stay connected to their compassionate nature under even the most trying circumstances?
What we have discovered is a language that allows a flow between people based on a mutual giving from the heart.
"I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson; to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmuted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Compassionate Communication changes our consciousness
so that the habits of the past
are replaced by the passion of the present.
We have a burning passion for this work because we believe that it is the most powerful approach one person can take to living in peace and changing the world.
Do you find yourself:
- Placing blame or being blamed during your communications with others?
- Dissatisfied with the level of intimacy you experience with your partner?
- Stuck in patterns of communication that you have outgrown?
- Feeling perplexed by continued misunderstandings between you and the people you love?
- Becoming angry when you speak with a partner, family member, or co-worker?
You will find and online Introduction to NVC and information on what NVC is and how it works. This will all help but you will experience this language by using it which is what happens when you come to the workshops and participate in practice groups. All of our trainings are highly interactive and therefore quite transformational. We are looking forward to meeting you in person.